About this policy
Strete Community Pub Limited is committed to protecting your privacy and ensuring that your personal information is handled in a safe and responsible way. This policy outlines how we aim to achieve this and includes the information collected when:
• you use our website www.kingsarmsatstrete.co.uk
• you make a booking or order a takeaway meal on our website
• you make enquiries on our website
• you are interested in working for us
Definition of Personal Data
Personal Data means any data that relates to an identifiable person who can be directly/indirectly identified from that data. In this case, it means personal data that you give to us via our site. By providing your personal data, you agree that we can use your personal data in accordance with this policy. Ensure you understand this policy in its entirety and please take the time to read it.
Who are we?
Strete Community Pub Limited is a pub/restaurant based in Strete, Devon.
Our registered address is: Tallis Rock, Vicarage Lane, Strete, Dartmouth TQ6 0RN.
How do we collect information from you?
We collect information from you:
• when you make a booking
• when you visit the pub (preferences, allergies etc.)
• make an enquiry
• when you sign up to marketing emails
What type of information is collected from you?
You may be asked to submit personal information about yourself when you make a booking. We will collect this information so that we can fulfil your booking request. When. you make a booking, Strete Community Pub Limited collects information such as:
• e-mail address (used for booking confirmation and post-dining feedback emails)
• home or work address
• billing information and credit card information
• telephone number
• company name
• dietary requests
• marketing preferences (whether you opt-in or opt-out)
• marketing responses
• survey responses
• current and past restaurant reservation details
When you access our sites, there is “Device Information” about your computer hardware and software that may be automatically collected by Strete Community Pub Limited. This information can include:
• device type (e.g. mobile, computer, laptop, tablet)
• operating system
• IP address
• browser type
• browser information (e.g., type, language, and history)
• domain names
• access times
• referring website addresses
• other data about your device to provide the services as otherwise described in this
• generic location information
You may submit your CV if you’re interested in working for us to firstname.lastname@example.org. This information may include:
• personal details
• employment details
• salary history
• other relevant details
We will use this information to assess your application. We may also keep it in our records for future reference. Please get in contact if you would no longer like us to hold your records at email@example.com.
How is your information used?
Our use of your personal data will always be lawful, either because it is necessary to complete a booking, because you have consented to our use of your personal data (e.g. by subscribing to emails) or because it is in our legitimate interests.
We require the information outlined in the previous section to understand your needs and provide you with a better service and in particular for the following reasons:
• Internal record keeping
• Send you service emails (booking confirmation and post-dining feedback)
• Improve our products and services
• Send marketing communications if you have opted in to receive them
• We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests
Who has access to your information?
We will not sell, distribute, or lease your personal information to third parties. Any personal information we request from you will be safeguarded under current legislation.
We will only share your information with companies if necessary to deliver services on our behalf. For example service providers (e.g. Open Table for the provision of online bookings), third-party payment processors, and other third parties to fulfil your requests, and as otherwise consented to by you or as permitted by applicable law.
How and where do we store data?
We may analyse your personal information to create a profile of your interests and preferences so that we can contact you with information relevant to you.
We will not contact you for marketing purposes by email, phone or text message unless you have given your prior consent. We will not pass your details to any third parties for marketing purposes unless you have expressly permitted us to. Furthermore, you can change your marketing preferences at any time by contacting us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You have a right to request a copy of the personal information that Strete Community Pub Limited holds about you and have any inaccuracies corrected. Any such requests should be made to this email address: email@example.com.
You have the right to withdraw your consent to us using your personal data at any time, and to request that we delete it. We do not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. Data will retained for as long as you are an active customer. Inactivity for a period of seven years will trigger the deletion of all your personal data.
Data security is very important to us and to protect your data we have taken suitable measures to safeguard and secure data collected through our Site.
Use of ‘cookies’
• Opting Out: You can set your browser to not accept cookies, but this may limit your ability to use the services
• Our Site may contain links to other websites. Please note that we have no control over how your data is collected, stored, or used by other websites and we advise you to check the privacy policies of any such websites before providing any data to them.
What happens if our business changes hands?
In the event that any of your data is to be transferred in such a manner, you will not be contacted in advance and informed of the changes. If you wish to have your data deleted, you will need to contact the new owner or controller.
Changes to this statement