The Kings Arms at Strete is one of the few community owned pubs in South Devon, with wonderful views of the sea and the coastal landscape. Opened as a community owned pub in 2020, we aim to be a vibrant community hub – a warm, friendly pub with a calendar of activities and events to attract locals and tourists alike.
We are currently looking for a chef to join the team.
We’re looking for someone who can:
- Make sure the kitchen run smoothly in every way.
- Take the lead on Menu development – showcase your cooking skills.
- Maintain a careful watch on gross profit percentages and direct labour costs.
- Manage supplier selection and price negotiation, along with stock control and ordering.
- Ensure the kitchen is kept in prime condition to the highest hygiene standards.
- Conducts daily service volume planning, and start of day and end of day checks.
- Can hire and lead the small kitchen team, and adapt to the seasonal nature of a coastal pub.
This is the perfect role for someone who enjoys the South Hams coast and wants to feel part of village life and a proud community pub.
We are open to seasonal agreements over summer if that suits you.